Position Summary: This position provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director of El Programa Hispano Católico. The Executive Assistant organizes and coordinates executive outreach and external relations efforts.
Principle Duties & Responsibilities:
- Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks for the Executive Director, including managing the calendar of appointments; preparation of meeting materials and notifications; coordination of meetings for rooms and meals as necessary; composing and preparing correspondence; filing systems and general recordkeeping.
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the Executive Director, with members of the Management team, as well as Board members, and others.
- Assist with coordination of EPHC events as needs arise.
- Serving as member of and recording secretary for the Executive Director’s meetings, as well as other meetings as assigned.
- Organizing and maintaining the archives of the Executive Department including its permanent records and documentation.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Executive Director and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with management staff.
- Works closely and effectively with the Executive Director to keep her well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Adherence to El Programa Hispano Católico policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be bilingual (Spanish/English) and bi-culturally competent.
- Ability to communicate concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing in Spanish and English.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Strong proficiency in all programs of Microsoft Office; demonstrated experience with preparation of presentation materials and spreadsheets.
- Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
- Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
- Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
- Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast paced work environment.
- Ability to prepare clear, accurate and concise reports.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, which could include some evenings and weekends.
- Ability to support organizational and program specific mission and goals.
- Ability to lift 40 pounds.
- Must have driver’s license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100).
- Satisfactory results from civil, criminal and motor vehicle background check required
- Ability to support the mission, vision and values of Catholic Charities and El Programa Hispano.
- Ability to greet and work with members of diverse ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Compensation: Salary range for this position is $40,000-45,000/year. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
Please submit your cover letter and resume at: https://ElPrograma.applicantpro.com
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER